Thursday, April 29, 2010

Write On!!!

Journaling..is it something you enjoy, or do you find it hard to put your ideas down on paper? A large part of what we do as scrapbookers is suspend moments, preserving snippets of today for future generations. Sometimes we know the feeling around what we want to say but actually saying it seems daunting.

Think about this..When your albums are opened half a century or more from now, what story do you want to have told? When your grandchildren's children read your words, what do you want to have said to them? What do you want them to know about your life, about who you are? Half a century from now as they look at the layout you created of your firstborn child, maybe for you time stood still . When they see the layout about your best friends battle with cancer, do you want them to know you were terrified for her as well as yourself? If that's the case, say exactly that!

Years from now, these things will matter. The little things, the big things, the secret things, the pains of the heart, the quiet longings. Here is a list of journaling prompts to help get you started or even give the seasoned journaler new ideas.

I want you to know...
I wish I could tell someone...
I have always been grateful for...
I want you to remember...
I have never forgotten...
I could never have imagined...
I never expected...
I am amazed...
I never took the time to tell you...
I never had the opportunity to tell you...
If I never have the opportunity to let you know...
If I never teach you anything else...
If I die tomorrow...
If I had another chance...
If I had ten minutes...
If I could tell you just one thing...
When I look at you...
When you look at me...
You have given me...
You surprise me...
You have taught me...
You are...
You remind me...
My only wish...
My only regret...
My heart swells when...
My heart breaks when...
My life is richer...
Thank you...

May your journaling time be productive, inspired and revealing. Enjoy the process!!


Taken in part from Canadian Scrapbooker Spring 2009 issue by Mylene English

3 comments:

  1. T, thank you for the prompts about better journaling. I don't journal on every layout, but I do like to leave strong messages on certain pages. I will definitely be looking into more journaling from this list though! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what if somebody sees it!?! {ack!}

    ...great idea T! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete