Here we are, at the beginning of yet another week~ Hope you are all enjoying your summer...we've had some scorching hot weather. Hopefully you are all finding some time to create as well!
Let's talk distressing today. Most likely we've all distressed on our layouts at some point. Inked the edges, tore the paper, used a distressing tool to rough things up. Have you ever thought of doing that to your photo's?
I have never distressed a photo...and I'm not really sure why other then I guess I just never thought about it before. Here are some cool ways to get a vintage look to your pictures
1. Crumple all or part of the photo then smooth it out
2. Sand the edges using fine-grit sandpaper or a sanding block
3. Tear a jagged edge or corner
4. Dry emboss a frame around your photo or words within the image and the raised lines.
5. Create a glazed or crackled effect with layers of embossing powder or Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.
6. Ink the edges with an ink pad. For an even more aged look, cover the image with walnut ink.
7. Paint the edges of your photo and then sand the dried paint.
We would love to see how you've distressed photo's...so please leave us a link so we can check it out!!
Have a wonderful day :)