1. I started with 3 sheets co-ordinating card stock 12 x 12
2. trim the middle sheet to 11.75 x 11.75 on 2 sides only
3. trim the top sheet 11.5 x 11.5
bottom ( outside of card is red card stock , then the yellow for the middle then green for the top layer )
4. score each sheet using the 4 inch score mark - on all sides so you wind up with 9 squares on it
5. Cut out the corner pieces -
6.save them to layer on co-ordinating pieces.
7., 8, 9 , 10, 11, 12 Flip the sheets over and using another co- ordinating paper decorate the flaps as well.
13, Embellish the flaps using pictures, embossing, stamps, stickers, jhewels, whatever you like.
14. Find something for the centre of the top card and tape in place.
Tape, the middle section of each card base - and secure.
To Make a top
Cut a piece of card stock 7 1/8 x 7 1/8
score each side at the 1 1/2 in mark
cut the score lines from one score line to the next , so you have 2 long sides and 2 short sides. Fold over and secure each side with tape .
You should have what looks like a box lid .
Decorate as you see fit.
|15. The finished box|