Sunday, October 14, 2012

ScrapFest Oshawa

Well after a long 3 days and a fairly successful week end at ScrapFest I am home relaxing after my birthday dinner. We had a good time (the girls and I) in Oshawa. Saw lots of friendly faces, including some long time friends...made some new ones...and did  a make-n-take with Karen from Art House Studios....she ROCKS!!!!!

So on Friday night I did a make-n-take that Wally found on the Fancy Pants website. Find the link here. It was a huge success, it was easy to do and turned out very cute. But I had to modify the original instructions as it would not stand upright if I followed the original ones. Here is how I changed them...

Instructions:
1) Cut a strip of patterned paper 9.5 x 3" strip. 
2) Trim the 2.5" waste strip to 1" & stick a piece on one end of your 9.5" patterned paper piece.
3) Lay your patterned paper piece horizontally on score-board. Score at 1" exactly behind contrast strip, then at 5", then at 6.25" 
4) Fold at score lines.
5) Punch edge of contrast strip.
6) Using a 1.5 or 2" scalloped circle punch, punch out a 'window' on the top layer of your package.
7) Fill plastic bag with favors & fold over the open bag top for strength. Punch holes to secure bag, paper piece & flap, then tie with twine.
8) Decorate front. I used the collection name from the patterned papers to make little flags.
9) Hook front cover under scalloped edge.





On Saturday we did another make-n-take. It was a card that I learned at a Stamp a Rama class in Burlington earlier in the year. The card has an embellishment on it with the Spirelli technique. Here is a look at it. 

All in all I had a blast and I hope to see some of the new people I met on the Forums and Blog soon. Met some great gals! Thanks for reading!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment