Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wild Card Wednesday

It's time for another card with this months card kit. I really like the papers but fell in love with the chalkboard paint and the stamp set. 
Last week I prepared the chalkboard paint. You do two coats one vertically and one horizontally, with an hour drying time between coats. Then you let it sit for 24 hours (I did much more than that). 
I didn't use chalk on it, just the distress marker with one of the sayings in the stamp set. 


I framed the saying with a piece of  chronicle and some brown scrap paper. I used a SU corner punch as well. Taking one of the card bases included in the kit, I added a piece of the burlap and layered the "chalkboard" onto it. I stamped the border and hats, then fussy cut them out. The orange hat is pop-dotted up. 
I look forward to seeing what you do with the chalkboard paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment