Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday Tempataion~Sept 24

Hi everyone, Shannon here! Today is the last Tuesday for September and Amy's last TT for us with September's kit. Check out what she did with it this week! LOVE IT!!!!!

This week I did a canvas with the kit. I love the colours and wanted to do something "messy" with them.

I used a 10 x 14 canvas. I coated it with gesso then used paint to get some colour in the background. I then scraped some white gesso over the paint. 


After that dried I ripped up scraps and adhered them down with modpodge.


Using my black gelato I made a "shadow" border on the outside of the canvas. 


I then got out some random stamps and did stamping all over the page to add texture and detail. I also used some black polka dot packaging tape. (please note if you use washi or any kind of tape on a mixed media piece, use modpodge/gel medium or glue to seal it so it doesn't come up).

I sat for awhile trying to figure out what I wanted this to say. With some of the issues I have been having lately "Be Strong" seems to be my daily reminder to myself so I thought it would be appropriate. I hand cut the letters then ran them through my cuttle bug for more texture. I used modpodge again to glue them down, then used my white PITT pen to trace around the outline so they stood out more. 


I put a final coat of modpodge just to seal everything in, and voila! The finished product. 

I hope you enjoy and that this inspires you to get "messy"!


No comments:

Post a Comment