Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cricut Mat Tips!

1. When you get a new mat you may find that it is REALLY, REALLY sticky. When it is like this you risk ripping your ever-so precious paper. To help prevent this you can "condition" your mat. To do this, all you need to do is pat you mat ALL over with CLEAN hands (like playing patty cake on the mat). This removes enough of the sticky to help keep you paper from ripping

Here is a tip from one of our members:Cheryl

2. I have found a way to make my mats sticky again.
I wipe them down with a baby wipe and use my cricut scraper tool to get all wee bits that might remain.
I let it dry for 5 minutes.
I then apply a thin coat, in even strips, of ZIG 2 WAY glue, on the mat.
I let it dry overnight and in the morning put the clear acetate cover back on the mat.
The first time I go to use the mat after I have "zigged" them, I gently pat my clean fingertips all over the mat to "condition" the mat.
I have been using the same 12x12 mat for about a month now by using this method.
Believe me, it works!
Stay Tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment