Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday's Temptations

WOW, march came fast, here it is the 6th and we are expecting sprin like weather tomorrow. Our guest of the month for March is stuck@home (A.K.A. Amy) and she gets to play with this months scrapbook kit Sole Sisters by Imaginisce. Here is what she said this morning..."So here is my first ever challenge!! Yeah.

I used the March Scrapbook kit to create this layout of my oldest daughter.
The only thing I added was a piece of generic black cardstock to mat my polka dot paper onto.

I made the embellishment the same way I would make a flower.
*Take a strip of 12" cardstock or pattern paper, trim it down to .5-1.5 inches wide (you can punch one side with a border punch to add detail)
*I use my scor pal and scor every 1/4 inch but you dont have to, you can just fold a little edge over, then flip the paper over and fold it again, and repeat until you reach the end of the paper strip
*glue the ends together
*the next part is a bit tricky, I cut a small piece of scrap paper and put strong glue on it, then position my strip of paper(now a circle) over it then use your fingers to push the center down and make the flower.
*I then added paper circles for a center, but you can use anything(buttons work great!)

They are very easy to make, I actually used two strips of paper and made it wider then normal so it would come out soo big."
Let's see what you can do with a homemade rosette!!!!
A quick and easy tutorial with pictures is listed below.



No comments:

Post a Comment