When I was making it, I decided that I didn't want to use ribbon for the spine, so I made my own Washi tape and here is how I did it...
1. Gather your supplies. For the Washi tape I used 1" double sided adhesive, tissue paper, stamps and ink.
2. Cut a piece of tissue wider and longer than you need.
3. Cut a piece of adhesive and place it on the tissue...sticky side down of course and then trim the excess tissue off the tape with scissors. I tried my exacto knife and it just proceeded to rip the tissue...guess I need a new blade.
4. If desired, flip over your new tissue tape and stamp images or sayings on it on a piece of scratch paper.
5. You can now apply it to your projects as you would any other Washi tape
Here it is close up on the journal.
You can always make a bunch of Washi tape and just roll it up for future use!
Now it is your turn...let's see your tape!