Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wild Card Wednesday

Here we go with week three of the December card kit featuring Echo Park - Very Merry Christmas
I am trying to use some different folds with this month's cards, not sure what I would call this one, maybe an altered gate fold?
To get the card base I started with a piece of DP 12" x 5.5"
On the 12" side, I scored at 2", 4", 8" and 10"
Then on the short side I cut from the centre (2.75") to the 4" score mark on both sides.
For the belly band I just used a piece of 12" x 1" paper and wrapped it around the whole card to keep it shut, then added the layers of paper and the sentiment to finish it off.
To add a bit of colour to the grey/white side of the DP, I added gold stickles to the centre of the stars.
The white insert of the card measures 5.25" x 3.75"
I really love the green damask DP in this month's kit!

Here's a picture of the card closed:


And here's a picture of it open with the belly band removed so you can see the fold better:

What's in it:
Design Paper - Echo Park - Very Merry Christmas - Green Damask & Bazzill Basics Paper - Moose Tracks
Cardstock - Whisper White (SU)
Gold stickles
Sentiment - Technique Tuesday "Warm Winter Wishes"
Stampin' Dazzle Gold Marker (SU)

Thanks Donna!!!! You Rock!

1 comment:

  1. This one was a lot of fun to make! And I really like the look of the different fold :)

    ReplyDelete