Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Steampunk owl for WCW


I did a new technique on this card... watercolour with distress markers.




I added the stampendous steampunk owl to the kit and stamped it on watercolour paper. (Note: I tried with regular cardstock and it did not work.)  You then colour around the edges a bit and with a wet paintbrush move the distress ink until you get the look you want.  After I was done cut the owl out.


When I put the card together I still wanted the branch in it, so I stamped it on the card and then pop dotted the watercoloured image over top of it. I stamped the clock from the kit onto the background and a couple others but you can't see them due to the layered flowers & buttons from the kit and some of the stickers were added as well. The pins were ones I had from a while ago. The clock on the patterned paper was cut with a craft knife to layer the cardstock behind it.


  Here is Jennifer McGuire doing the watercolour technique
             

Let's see you add a watercolour image to your card or project this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment