Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Really, REALLY Late Tuesday's Temptations

Good morning. Shannon here....I haven't posted on the blog in quite a while but when Christa asked me to, I said "SURE!" Except that I spaced out and thought that Tuesday was Monday....well it is a short week after all and it sure felt like Monday. I didn't even realize that I missed the post on Tuesday until Chelle posted her card on Wednesday, d'oh!

To be totally honest, I haven't done any scrapping in quite a long time....since about February I believe BUT I did take one of Vicki Boutin's Sn@p Album classes last month....and boy oh boy am I glad that I did. If you ever have the opportunity to take any of Vicki's classes....go for it. Her energy is so infectious and she is über talented to boot!

So have you received August's kit? Are you in love with it? Need some ideas? Well it just so happens that the Sn@p Album class that we took also featured the Simple Stories Summer Vibe paper line. I am so in love with this line....it feels so summery to me. Since I haven't actually scrapbooked, I am going to show you some of the stuff that we have done in the album. You can make an album yourself or use some of these ideas on a scrapbook layout

*I take absolutely no credit for this. All of the creative yumminess came from the Queen of Creative herself, Vicki Boutin. If you have never checked her stuff out before, head on over to her blog by clicking here. You can also check out her Facebook page here. You won't be disappointed.

This week I am going to show you how she had us transform the "boring" cover of the Sn@p Album with just a little Distress Paint, Distress ink, some Die cuts and some ribbon. Hope it gets your creative ideas going.

Here is the finished album cover. I love this!

So cute!

This is a close up of the button flower. Vicki had us "pounce" the centre of the stamped & punched out flower with a Distress Stain Dauber (Worn Lipstick I believe). Just pounce once. When it dries it give us a "watercolour " look. I then inked the edges of mine with Mustard Seed Distress Ink.

You will not believe how simple it was to make these ink rings. Can you guess how we did it? If I said "You fill me up, could you get it? Would you believe with a "Red Solo Cup"? Vicki had us ink up the rim of the solo cup with 2 different Distress Inks. So, so, so simple. I know that I will use that technique on a future layout!

Well, I hope you like this cover. Maybe you can use it as a jumping off point for a layout. Maybe you will decide to go and get an album and start one yourself. Whatever you do, I hope you are enjoying your kit as much as I am going to.....when I get back to scrapping!

See you next week (on Tuesday, I promise) with some of the pages from the album.

Ciao for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment