Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wacky Pumpkin Wednesday

Once again you get to the crafting styling of me (aka Chelle) with the card kit for September. I was saying to my husband tonight that our fearless leader likes to give me the hard months to create with, I think she is trying to make me work hard to figure out designs. LOL The colours of the papers are beautiful but the designs are not calling out to me, so for both cards so far I have used the 'b' sides of the patterned papers. 

I was trying to find something that used the cool piece of burlap in this month's kit so I looked online. I found this neat card and thought that I could re-create it. I used the sew stamper tool (from one of the previous scrapbook kits) for the border. The burlap I pulled apart (it is 2 layers thick) and then frayed the edges. I cut the pumpkin with my silhouette and hand-stitched the lines. I used some spray inks for the leaves and stems. I also loved the wood tickets in the kit ...they are sooo very awesome. You just have to try them.


I (man that word is used a lot in this post) added some recollections flowers I had sitting around and my own floss and spray. The pumpkin was embossed, distressed with sandpaper and then inked.

I am going to challenge you to make a nice fall card using the burlap and one of the wood tickets.


1 comment:

  1. Cool, beautiful card...and yes I give you the hard kits :)

    ReplyDelete